Find us at Gist Hall 114, M-F 9am to 4pm
Staff & Faculty
Our staff is dedicated to advancing and supporting campus-wide academic and career advising. Activities include participating in the student led Humboldt Orientation Program, offering advising and career workshops for faculty advisors, department coordinators, and students. We are available to attend department meetings, visit classes, and coordinate with clubs, organizations and residence hall staff to offer assistance. If you want to promote student success and think we can help, let us know and count us in!
Academic Advising Services for Staff & Faculty
- Offer training and workshops on developmental advising, general education, academic policies and procedures for faculty advisors and department coordinators.
- Attend department meetings
- Visit classes
- Coordinate with residence hall staff to offer schedule-building sessions
Career Advising Services for Staff & Faculty
- "Don't Cancel Your Class" - Going to a conference or travelling, contact us to see if we can cover your class
- Class or club presentations on resume writing, interview techniques, job and internship search, career options for majors, and other topics
- Collaboration on incorporating career development into academic coursework
- Assistance hiring students for your department or research projects
- Guidelines for writing letters of recommendation
- Academic and Career Advising Center Tours