Humboldt State University

Office of Admissions

Applying to HSU

Apply Online

After You Apply:
Documents Needed to Complete Your Admissions File

If you are still in high school, we will need your official high school transcript and test scores (ACT or SAT). If your grade point average is 3.0 or higher (or 3.6 for non-California residents), you are not required to submit test scores, but keep in mind that high test scores may exempt you from math and English placement tests and help qualify you for scholarships!

If you are a transfer or post-baccalaureate student, we will need one copy of your official transcript from each college you have attended. In addition, if you will have fewer than 60 transferable semester units (= 90 quarter units) by the time you transfer, we will need your official high school transcripts and test scores (SAT or ACT) unless your high school grade point average is 3.0 or higher (or 3.6 for non-California residents).

College courses are called "transferable" if the course content is considered "baccalaureate" level, which means the course can be used as part of your bachelor's degree. "Remedial" courses taken in college such as intermediate algebra or basic writing skills are not transferable; neither are many trade or occupational courses. To find out which courses at another college are transferable, consult that college's catalog. All "general education" courses are considered transferable. For help in determining the general education courses at colleges within California, visit the Assist Website.

Sometimes we may need additional, non-transcript, information from our applicants. This might include asking you questions regarding your residency status, or for a list of other schools you have attended, or letting you know that your application fee waiver request could not be approved. We will let you know by either writing you a letter or calling you.