Humboldt State University

Office of Admissions

Applying to HSU

Apply Online


Fall 2015: Accepting applications from - first time freshman that are classified as out of state students (Non California Resident) , upper-division transfers, returning HSU students, graduate applicants, International applicants, and military Veterans.

HSU is not accepting applications from lower division transfers.

Graduate, Credential, Certificate of Study and International applicants have separate and/or additional requirements. Check with specific departments for deadlines. Apply here.


Apply to HSU online by visiting We'll contact you if we need your transcripts.

Be sure to check residency eligibility before you apply.

Technical problems with Call (800) 468-6927 for assistance.

Financial Aid

The first step in applying for financial aid is to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). File your FAFSA by March 2nd for priority review.

To speak with a representative in our financial aid office, call 866-255-1390 or visit our Financial Aid web site.


Apply for on-campus housing using the online housing application. If you want to live off campus, check out the listings.

Check Status

After you have applied, you will get a letter in the mail from the Office of Admissions that explains how to log in to myHumboldt and access your Student Center. We recommend that you check your Student Center at least once a week for important updates and to-do items.

Appeal Admissions Decision