Humboldt State University

Office of Admissions

Applying to HSU

Apply Online

Certificate of Study (Post-Baccalaureate) Admissions

Currently we are offering Certificates of Study opportunities within the Environmental Science & Management Department AND a Certificate in Art Museum & Gallery Practices.

Submit an application through CSU Mentor Graduate Application (called post-baccalaureate, after Bachelors's degree)

PLEASE NOTE, A Certificate of Study is NOT a Degree Seeking Program, THEREFORE, you will NOT need to submit the following application information:

  • GRE Scores
  • Statement of Purpose
  • Letters of Reference

In the Application under Intended Major: Choose the certificate program from the drop-down menu on the application.

  • Emphasis/concentration (if any): Type in "Certificate"
  • What is Your Degree Objective: Choose "none"
  • "How many total college units…": Choose "have bachelor's degree or equivalent"

Currently we are Not accepting applications for students who would like to take courses for an additional bachelor's degree or personal enrichment.

Admission Requirements

All post-baccalaureate applicants must complete a bachelor’s degree at a regionally accredited educational institution plus earn at least a 2.50 grade point average in the last 60 semester units earned.

If you later decide to formally enter a graduate program (master's degree) or credential program at Humboldt State University, you will need to submit a new, graduate level, application for admission.

Please note - there are limitations on using coursework taken while in post-baccalaureate status to complete requirements for a master’s degree. Check with Graduate Studies for more information about the master’s programs at Humboldt State University.