Humboldt State University

Skip to secondary navigation
Skip navigation

Department Name

Undecided Students / Exploring Majors

Many students are undecided about their major or make changes along the way to getting a degree. We are here to help you explore your options! Click on the image below to begin exploring majors at HSU.

Exploring Majors at HSU

Exploring Majors Worksheet[PDF]

Exploring Majors fillable form [PDF]


All “undeclared” majors will be assigned an advisor in the Advising Center. We will help you:

  • select courses that will satisfy general education and all-university requirements
  • get comfortable with your new surroundings and begin to open your eyes, minds, and hearts to all the possibilities of Humboldt’s outstanding academic programs
  • clarify your personal goals
  • discover your values and interests
  • commit to the academic program that’s right for you
  • establish patterns for college and career success

We are excited to work with you!

For Undeclared Students who have completed 45 units:

Starting Fall 2013 you will be required to declare a major by the time you have completed 45 units. A registration hold will be placed on your Student Center until you turn in a Change of Major form to the Office of the Registrar.


Visit Us Soon!

Walk-in Advising: Monday - Friday, 10am - 3pm
or by appointment
SBS 295
Phone (707) 826-5224

Advising Center
SBS 295 • 1 Harpst St., Arcata, CA 95521 • 707.826.5224 • Contact Us.