Biology Core Facilities
Injury and Illness Prevention Program
"The IIPP is designed to establish a proactive safety program that will result in the identification and elimination of workplace safety deficiencies before an injury occurs."
- Define the person responsible for implementing the plan.
- Develop a written plan.
- Communicate the plan to employees.
- Ensure compliance with the plan.
- Conduct hazard assessments and correct problems.
- Correct unsafe or unhealthy work conditions, practices or procedures.
- Conduct accident or hazardous exposure investigations.
- Keep records.
A copy of the Biological Sciences IIPP may be found in the department office.
For detailed information see: http://www.humboldt.edu/ehos/iip.html