Students in the Biological Sciences department are famously motivated to succeed. One way in which they do that is through the various clubs associated with biology. Take a minute to browse through the websites created by the students who lead the many clubs in our department.
- Biology Graduate Student Association - Resources for our grad students
- Cellular/Molecular Biology Club - For all biological science students. Contact Dr. Amy Sprowles for details. Time: Thursdays @ 5:00pm Location: SciB 126
- HSU Pre-Med Club - For students preparing to enter medical school. Contact Dr. Jacob Varkey for details. Time: Tuesdays @ 5:00pm Location: SciB 126
- HSU Pre-Vet Club - The HSU PreVet club aims to help all undergraduates achieve their goal of getting into veterinary school. We can help with applications, deciding where you want to go to vet school, and even have trips to vet schools.
Time: Tuesdays @ 6:00pm Location: Nelson Hall East 119
- HSU Botany Club - Our mission is to share and cultivate a love for all things botanical both around the HSU community and around the world! Learn from your classmates, mentors, and local plant gurus! Time: Monthly meetings on Wednesdays 5:15 PM Location: Science D 157
- CeNCOOS -
This organization is part of a larger Integrated Ocean Observing System run by NOAA across the entire country
- CIRM - Funded by a $1.6 million dollar grant from the California Institute of Regenerative Medicine (CIRM), the HSU-CIRM Scholars Program is designed to train motivated students for careers in the fields of stem cell biology and regenerative medicine
- Northcoast Math & Science Initiative - A higher ed and public schools partnership
- Redwood Science Project - Providing coaching and mentoring in science teaching