Humboldt Broadband Interview with Jacqueline, KHSU Thrusday Night Talk
Redwood Coast Connect Broadband Consortium
Redwood Coast Connect (RCC) is an ongoing initiative to make broadband Internet available to all residents in the four county regions of Humboldt, Del Norte, and Trinity. CCRP is the host of this region-wide effort.
RCC has now grown into a consortium network of well respected member organizations representing a diverse range of stakeholders and a representative from each of the regions counties Board of Supervisors.
The long-term goal of RCC is to make available affordable ubiquitous broadband to all rural communities in the Redwood Coast region through the community engagement, simplification of county and municipal policies and tapping the ingenuity of entrepreneurs in the region.
Past History Of Broadband Activism on the North Coast!
- Aug 2012 – North Coast Journal edition “Occupy Broadband”
- 2012 – Telecom Element Up for Approval in General Plan
- October 2009 – List of ARRA Round 1 Project Applications
- March 2009 – Highway 299 Fiber & Wireless Broadband Business Plan
- January 2009 – Redwood Coast Connect Project Issues Report
- January 2009 – Redwood Coast Connect Executive Summary
- August 2008 – Fourth Redwood Coast Broadband Forum Is Held
- August 2008 – Broadband Research Survey for Trinity Public Utilities District
- October 2007 – Redwood Coast Connect Project is Launched
- May 2007 – Third Redwood Coast Broadband Forum is Held
- April 2007 BLACKOUT! The Impacts of Fiber Outages on the North Coast
- January 2007 – Wireless Broadband Business Plan for Oric
- December 31, 2006 – Column on the first fiber outage.
- October 2006 – Governor Schwarzenegger Creates Broadband Task Force – Two Members Appointed From Humboldt County
- June 2006 – First Mile.US study on alternate fiber
- May 2006 – Second Redwood Coast Broadband Forum is Held
- May 2005 – The RTC, Redwood Region Econmic Development Commission, and Redwood Coast Rural Action Holds Their First Regional “Broadband Forum”
- December 2004 – Living in a Networked World: Humboldt County Telecommunications Infrastructure and Usage Assessment Prepared by Neratech
- Redwood Technology Consortium reaches 125 members and Wins The CENIC “Gigabit or Bust Community Award.”
- September 2003 – Fiber Optic Line to Humboldt County is Finally Completed
- August 2003 – CENIC/SAIC Network Infrastructure Analysis
- May 2003 – CENIC/Gartner Report on Gigabit Or Bust Initiative
- February 2003 – RTC/RREDC Complaint To PUC Over Fiber Optic Impasse
- August 2002 – Chris Crawford’s Fiber “Call To Action”
- July 2002 RREDC Resolution Calling for Immediate Action on Fiber Iptic Impasse
- June 2002 – SBDC North Coast Bandwidth Report – Prepared by Neratech
- Redwood Technology Consortium Organizes as a Non-Profit and Begins A Weekly “Tech Beat” Column in Daily Newspaper
- January 2000 – We Survive Y2K
- Pacific Bell Announces Project to Connect Humboldt County Via Fiber Optic Line.
- The RTC Organizes the First “Tech Expo” in Eureka
- The North Coast Electronic Town Gets Statewide Recognition
- First Public Advocacy For Fiber Optic Connection
- The North Coast Gets Its First Local ISP