We've got kayaks, canoes and stand up paddle boards - Come play on the water!
Launch from the Humboldt Bay Aquatic Center dock and set off on an adventure along the shores of Humboldt Bay. Our knowledgeable staff will provide a brief paddle and safety talk and can also set up a private lesson for novice paddlers or the intermediate and advanced participant. Got a group? We are happy to work with your community groups, school and special group to create a custom program to fit your needs.
Hours of Operation:
October-January: 10 AM - 3 PM
February-April: 10 AM - 4 PM
May-September: 10 AM - 6 PM
- A brief paddling and safety orientation
- Personal flotation device (PFD)
- Wetsuit (Participating in our rental program, you may get wet. Bringing a swimsuit to wear under the included wetsuit is a great way to prepare for your time on Humboldt Bay)
- Splash jacket
- The watercraft
Kayak or Stand Up Paddleboard:
- $15 HSU Students
- $20 Community Members
- $20 HSU Students
- $25 Community Members
Rig & Rent Sailing Program
- The Humboldt Bay Aquatic Center is now offering an on-land rig-and-rent program where you can display your rigging competency on one of our Lasers, Pico’s, or Coronado 15’s. After this two-hour rigging and skill assessment, you will be able to rent our sail boats for your excursions to one of the lagoons, or even Ruth Lake! Previous experience is required.
- All renters should know how to tread water while wearing a PFD.
- Children under 15 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Minors under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardians signature on their rental waiver.
- Rental limits are based on forecast weather conditions and tides.