We've got kayaks, canoes and stand up paddle boards - Come play on the water!
Hours of Operation:
October-January: 10 AM - 3 PM
February-April: 10 AM - 4 PM
May-September: 10 AM - 6 PM
- A brief paddling and safety orientation
- Personal flotation device (PFD)
- Wetsuit (Participating in our rental program, you may get wet. Bringing a swimsuit to wear under the included wetsuit is a great way to prepare for your time on Humboldt Bay)
- Splash jacket
- The watercraft
- $20 HSU Students
- $25 Community Members
- $30 HSU Students
- $35 Community Members
- All renters should know how to tread water while wearing a PFD.
- Children under 15 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Minors under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardians signature on their rental waiver.
- Rental limits are based on forecast weather conditions and tides.
Aquatic Equipment Rentals for Off-Site LocationsNot feeling like launching off our dock? Would you like to join a group of friends paddling up at the lagoons and don’t have your own gear? Want to take a kayak, canoe or SUP on your next camping trip? We offer off-site rentals to help you get out there and explore! Vehicles must be equipped with functional rack systems for transport of kayaks, canoes, surf and/or paddle boards. Talk with our staff about approved locations for off-site rentals and let us get you outfitted for your next adventure. For off-site aquatic and outdoor gear please see our Center Activities' Full Rental Price List .
Focus on the paddling skills you want to or simply enjoy a day on the water with one of our trained instructors. Private instruction is a great way to assess and refine your paddling skills.Private Instruction Fee:
- $50/hour HSU Students
- $60/hour All Others
Please contact our Aquatics Coordinator at 707-443-4222 for more information.