We've got kayaks, canoes and stand up paddle boards - Come play on the water!
Launch from the Humboldt Bay Aquatic Center dock and set off on an adventure along the shores of Humboldt Bay. Our knowledgeable staff will provide a brief paddle and safety talk and can also set up a private lesson for novice paddlers or the intermediate and advanced participant. Have friends or a special group looking for an adventure? Want to explore a particular trail system or waterway but need us to lead the way? We are happy to help plan your custom trip. Please fill out our Personalize Trip Request Form for more information and pricing!
- A brief paddling and safety orientation
- Personal flotation device (PFD) / Life jacket
- Wetsuit (Participating in our rental program, you may get wet. Bringing a swimsuit to wear under the included wetsuit is a great way to prepare for your time on Humboldt Bay)
- Splash jacket
- The watercraft
Kayak or Stand Up Paddleboard:
- $15 HSU Students
- $20 Community Members
- $20 HSU Students
- $25 Community Members
Rig & Rent Sailing Refresher (by appointment only)
- Fee: $50 (includes skill assessment and gear)
- The Humboldt Bay Aquatic Center is now offering an on-land rig-and-rent program where you can display your rigging competency on one of our Lasers, Picos, or Coronado 15’s. After this two-hour rigging and skill assessment, you will be able to rent our sail boats for your excursions to one of the lagoons, or even Ruth Lake! Previous experience is required.
- All renters should know how to tread water while wearing a life jacket.
- Children under 16 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Minors under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardians signature on their rental waiver.
- Rental limits are based on forecast weather conditions and tides.