Allow Center Activities to support your outdoor equipment needs from camping to a variety of aquatic recreation, we have an extensive list of gear available for rent. Pick up gear at Center Activities on the HSU Campus or at the Humboldt Bay Aquatic Center on the Eureka waterfront, which also features low prices on dock rentals.
Want to go camping but need a backpack, tent, or a hammock? Maybe you need a surfboard, a wetsuit or a kayak? Or perhaps you want to go sailing or go cross country skiing? Whatever you need - We've got you covered!
NOTIFICATION: Center Activities is SOLD OUT of SURF Gear including boards, wetsuits, and booties from 6/28/18 - 8/9/18
- Reservations are encouraged as gear is rented on a first-come, first-served basis
- Renters are responsible for loading, tying down, and transporting the rental gear
- Rental fees must be paid at the time of reservation.
- Deposits are required for all rentals.
- Some aquatic gear may require approval.
- For additional policy information see our Rental Agreement Form
Rental & Pick Up
- Most of our outdoor recreation gear, such as camping, backpacking, surfing, inflatable and river kayaks, snowshoes, and more is rented and picked up at Center Activities' office on the campus of Humboldt State University at the Recreation & Wellness Center Lobby. See Campus Map or Google Map for directions. Reservations can be made in person by calling 707-826-3357 or emailing Center Activities.
- Aquatic gear, such as canoes, kayaks, stand up paddleboards, and sailboats for the experienced sailors, may be picked up at the Humboldt Bay Aquatic Center on the Eureka waterfront (Google Map. Call 707-443-4222 or email the Aquatic Center to coordinate your pickup)