Among the lab facilities and equipment available to our students are:
- Computer data systems, electronic analytical balances, spectrophotometers and pH meters in introductory labs.
- Microscale and macroscale glassware, GC, FT-IR, GC-MS, and FT-NMR in organic chemistry labs.
- Instrumentation labs with research grade capillary gas chromatographs, high pressure liquid chromatograph (HPLC), polarograph, atomic absorption/emission, ultra violet-visible (UV-vis), and Fourier transform infrared (FT-IR) spectrometers.
- Physical chemistry research lab with ultra high vacuum systems, quadrupole spectrometers, 2-D UV/Vis absorption apparatus, and Diffuse Reflectance Infrared Fourier Transform Spectroscopy (DRIFTS) apparatus for heterogeneous uptake studies.
- 300 MHz Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) with broadband and variable temperature capabilities.
- Gas chromatogram-mass spectrometer (GC-MS) with auto sampler.
- NSF funded (1999-2002) Molecular Modeling/Computational Chemistry lab and student access workstations.
All of the instruments are intended for use in the classroom or for independent study by our students.