Clubs Handbook

Everything that you need to know to organize and run your club.

Organizational Travel

Clubs Travel Grants

The Clubs Coordinating Council (CCC) offers significant funding for club travel (approximately $1000 per club each academic year). These funds make it possible for clubs to travel to conferences or workshops they might be interested in, but are unable to afford. Travel funds may be used towards conference fees, hotel and transportation costs. All appropriate liability waiver forms must be filled out and turned in to the Clubs Office before any funding will be allocated. Funding must be requested before the travel takes place. Approved funds are paid to the club after the travel takes place and the Reimbursement Expense Form and proper receipts have been provided to the Clubs Office. Travel funds are only available for travel within the continental United States. If air travel is utilized, students must turn in all boarding passes.

Tips on How to Receive Funding
  1. Clubs are more likely to receive funding if they are putting in an effort to raise money from other sources, such as fundraising, donations, department letters, etc.
  2. Clubs are more likely to receive desired funding if possible expenses are well-researched and calculated (gas prices, hotel room rates, etc.).
  3. Travel funding is for a club activity. Unless costs are unusually expensive, we discourage solo traveling. In a given unusual circumstance, a solo club member may apply for a grant if he/she has proof of substantial club member support.
  4. Grants will not be accepted without a completed list of the students traveling and their ID #s. A space for this is provided on the travel grant.
  5. We will only provide reimbursement for HSU students in a club. Calculate your expenses accordingly.
  6. CCC meetings are held weekly and fill up quickly. Please turn in your travel funding applications as early as possible so that they may be reviewed prior to the trip.

Groups may receive a total of $1000.00 per year for travel. Grant applications are available at the Clubs & Activities office or at:

For questions call the Clubs & Activities Office at (707) 826-3776, or email the staff at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).

Travel Policy

When a club is traveling outside of Humboldt County, the following guidelines must be adhered to. All documents must be submitted to the Clubs Office at least 5 working days prior to the date of the trip:

  1. Request for Authorization to Travel Form
  2. Release and Hold Harmless Pretravel Form, one for each person traveling

The Request for Authorization to Travel form may be obtained at the Clubs & Activities office or at:

The Pretravel Release and Hold Harmless form may be obtained at the Clubs & Activities office or at:

If using privately owned vehicles (all information can be found on travel documents in the clubs and activities office):

  1. Authorization to use Privately Owned Vehicles on State Business (std. 261)
  2. Copy of valid driver’s license and current Defensive Driving Card
  3. Current Volunteer ID Form

If renting vehicles:

  1. Reservations must be made through Plant Operations:
  2. Vehicle request form obtained at Plant Operations or at:
    You will need:
    • a valid driver’s license 

    • current Defensive Driving Card

    • to be 21 years of age of older

    • completed volunteer Identification form

If your club does not follow these procedures, Humboldt State University will not consider your travel approved.