Studying in groups offers students an excellent opportunity to exchange ideas and to gain new perspectives on the course material.
5 Reasons to Join a Study Group
• learn on a deeper level
• make more efficient use of your study time
• improve your listening and presentation skills
• gain new perspectives on the material
• learn to collaborate productively with classmates
10 Study Group Success Tips
• Keep group size at 3-5 people.
• Set a regular meeting time.
• Set clear goals for each study session.
• Establish ground rules for staying focused.
• Study group members must attend all class meetings.
• Rotate the leadership for balance.
• Be prepared.
• Make sure everyone understands the material before moving on.
• Evaluate your group so expectations are clear.