For a list of groups and services, please see:
The website of North Coast Mental Health Professionals, is very helpful. You can search by location, health insurance, presenting problem, etc.
Community Resource Guide: covers a wide range of resources including substance use, child care, disability, legal aid, pain management, medical insurance, veterans services, etc. Courtesy of Open Door Health.
2-1-1 Humboldt (Humboldt Community Switchboard): search the database through the online link or call 2-1-1 from any phone in Humboldt.
528 5th Street
Eureka, CA 95501
offers education, advocacy, and services related to domestic violence (including crisis/shelter services)
Eureka, Ca 707-443-7358
offers weekly support and therapy groups related to family violence; fee is related to income
To find a local therapist, go to North Coast Association of Mental Health Professionals and search for therapists specializing in eating disorders.
The calendar includes a free drop-in Grief and Loss group on:
- Mondays 6-7:30 p.m. at Jacoby Storehouse, 4th floor conference room, Arcata.
- Wednesdays 5:30-7 p.m. at Hospice office, 2010 Myrtle Ave, Eureka
- Wednesdays 6-7:30 p.m. at Sequoia Springs Senior Living, 240 Redwood Way, Fortuna
- Fridays 1-2:30 p.m. at Hospice office, 2010 Myrtle Ave, Eureka
- Saturdays 9-10:30 a.m., "Slipper Club" at Hospice office, 2010 Myrtle Ave
HFSC offers sliding fee based counseling for individuals, couples, children, and families. They also have a free walk-in counseling clinic on Mondays 1-4 p.m.
In addition, they offer an Employee Assistance Program, Drug Education Program, and a Children of Divorce workshop. See website for details.
Psychology Dept. clinic that provides low cost counseling for individuals, couples, families, adolescents, and children. Serves entire community as well as HSU students. The director is Sheri Whitt, MFT.
- Mondays & Wednesdays: 10 am to 5 pm
- Tuesdays & Thursdays: 12 to 7 pm
For more information check out the HSU Community Counseling Clinic Website or call 707-826-3921.
Emma Center is located at:
5251 Ericson Way, Suite 3
Resources, information, and "stop rape" advocacy
Skip to Navigation