The CR Foundation cordially invites students, faculty, and staff to attend the North Coast Homelessness & Housing Insecurity Summit on, co-hosted by College of the Redwoods and Humboldt State University. The event will be held from in the College of the Redwoods Theater. Parking is free and lunch is included for all registered attendees.
Members of our homeless population; service providers; local businesses; police, fire, and medical providers; students; and residents of Del Norte and Humboldt Counties are frustrated with the unresolved and growing homelessness issues.
In order reboot our conversation about homelessness, over 250 community leaders, as well as students, faculty, and staff from the area’s two collegiate institutions are being invited to learn more about:
- The scope of our homeless situation
- Root causes and contributing factors of homelessness for various populations
- The importance of building resilience and community focus to combat homelessness
- Building community empathy and awareness about the homeless daily life experience
- The initiatives underway and progress being made
The summit will also explore opportunities to more effectively support, develop, and implement shared solutions.
Please sign-up early. Seating is limited.