Humboldt State University Wordmark

Research Opportunities

Humboldt State University, in partnership with the California Social Work Education Center (CalSWEC) Title IV-E Program offers stipends for child welfare and Indian Child Welfare internships. The stipend is $15,000 for the last year in a student's undergraduate social work program.

A student's senior field placement is in public child welfare services or in a tribal Indian Child Welfare setting. The responsibility of the student upon completion of the BSW program is to work in child welfare for a minimum of two years. Ideally, students receiving the Title IV-E stipend are committed to child welfare services in California's rural or tribal communities as their professional career area of interest.