Humboldt State University Wordmark

Faculty & Staff Resources


The College provides two forms of funding support for travel, The President’s Scholar Support Funds and CPS funding. The President’s Scholar Support Funds provides up to $1,000 for faculty who will be presenting their research, creative, and other scholarly activities. Eligible faculty must first have their research, creative, and other scholarly presentation activities approved by their Colleges or the Library.  Only those presenting their work are eligible for the President’s Scholar Support Funds.

College of Professional Studies’ Travel Funds are available up to $500 to be used primarily to support activities that enhance teaching, as well as scholarly and service-related contributions to the university and the community.


If you are not requesting funding or just need an authorization to travel, the form can be found here

Applications for funding are due by Friday of the third week of the semester.

To apply, please fill out the Travel Funding Request form below
Travel Funding Request – Online Application

To determine how much the travel will cost complete the Travel Estimator Worksheet

We will review all requests and notify all applicants of their status shortly after the due date has passed.  If approved, you will receive a letter of notification along with a request for authorization to travel form.  Please complete this form and return it to the College office as soon as possible.

While traveling, SAVE ALL YOUR RECEIPTS.  We will only reimburse for expenses that have receipts attached.

When you have returned, complete a travel claim with all expenses documented and signed by all yourself and your chair then send the form to the College office.

Please see the Official University Travel site for complete travel policies.

Please also be aware of the following CPS Travel Policies:

College of Professional Studies’ Travel Policy