The Institutional Research Graduate Certificate is an 18-unit certificate that is housed in the Department of Psychology, yet welcomes students from any undergraduate discipline. It provides an introduction to the field of Institutional Research and forms a solid base for those pursuing as well as starting a career in Institutional Research to advance in their knowledge of the field. This online program is for students and entry level career professionals to explore the discipline of IR and is offered through the California State University system at a reasonable price by seasoned IR professionals with experience in the California Community College system, the University of California system and the California State University system.
IR Graduate Certificate Program is
- Sponsored by the Office of Institutional Research and Planning
- Housed in HSU’s Department of Psychology
- Administered through the College of eLearning and Extended Education
We have overhauled the IR Certificate Program to reduce the time to completion. Originally, the IRGC Program took 18-months to complete and ran Spring-Fall-Spring with a 3-month break for summer and 1-month break for winter. The Fall 2015 Cohort will complete the certificate in about 9 months (Fall and Spring semester only). In 2016 the IRGC program will begin in the summer and run 12-months (May to May) which will include the option of taking a summer course to complete your prerequisites.
Fall 2015 Cohort: Now Accepting Applications!
– Priority application period closed: Tuesday, July 7th, 2015
– Application period closes: Tuesday, August 4th, 2015
– Letter recommendation and transcripts due: Tuesday, August 18th, 2015
– First course begins: Monday, August 24th, 2015
Summer 2016 Cohort: Application Period Opens 12/1/2015
– Priority application period closes: Tuesday, April 5th, 2016
– Application period closes: Tuesday, May 3rd, 2016
– Letter recommendation and transcripts due: Tuesday, May 17th, 2016
– First course begins: Monday, May 23rd, 2016