EED Admission Requirements
Applications for the 2011-2012 academic year can be downloaded here.
Applications are due by February 15th for admission the following fall.
- BA/BS degree or 4/5 complete
- GPA = 2.67 overall or 2.75 for last 60 semester units
Low-GPA appeals process available
- 2 additional letters of recommendation must be from university faculty
- Complete timed writing at Testing Center
- Turn in complete application by Feb. 1; no extensions
- Subject Matter Competency: pass the CSET Multiple Subjects Exam and the CBEST (or CSET: Writing Skills Test) by August 1, the year you enter the program.
- View HSU's CSET Test Prep Power Point : After clicking on the link, a dialogue box will pop up. Select "Open" to view the Power Point Presentation.
- 45 hours of early fieldwork observation/participation at least begun prior to Feb. 15 (the application deadline) and completed by April 30.
- Computer competency: EDUC 285 at HSU or an equivalent course or pass Preliminary Education Technology (info at Testing Center or www.cset.nesinc.com).
- College of Sequoias also offers an equivalent online course titled EDUC 120. This is an all-online course that meets the computer competency requirement.
- Character Clearance: Fingerprinting done and cleared by obtaining a Certificate of Clearance through the Commission on Teacher Credentialing.