SED Admission Requirements
1) BA/BS degree or 4/5 complete
2) GPA = 2.67 overall or 2.75 for last 60 semester units
Low-GPA appeals process available - please see application for details
4) 45 hours of early fieldwork Observation and Participation in
secondary classrooms - completed prior to the application
deadline on February 1st.
6) Computer competency: EDUC 285 at HSU, equivalent
course at another college or university (i.e., EDUC 120 at College of the Sequoias), or pass the CSET: Preliminary Education Technology exam (info at Testing Center or www.cset.nesinc.com)
7) Character Clearance: Certificate of Clearance application
and live scan fingerprinting. Remember, after you get your fingerprints scanned at a police station, you will need to go online to the CTC website to complete the Certificate of Clearance application process. When the process is complete, the CTC will send you an e-mail confirmation with your Certificate of Clearance Document Number.
You can watch a narrated presentation that provides an orientation to the admission process.
You can watch a narrated walk-through of the admission guide here.
The Admission Guide (PDF) is available here.
You can watch a narrated walk-through of the application here.
The Application (PDF) is available here.Skip to Navigation