1) BA/BS degree or 4/5 complete
2) GPA = 2.67 overall or 2.75 for last 60 semester units
Low-GPA appeals process available - please see application for details
3) CSET (For students without a subject matter program major). Pass all applicable sections of the CSET subject matter exam. Applicants are expected to pass all required exams by August, meaning you will need to pass all the necessary CSET subtests on/before the May test date. Applicants who have passed all subject matter exams prior to the February 1 application deadline may be given admission priority. Testing information is available online at http://www.cset.nesinc.com and at the HSU Testing Center, (707)826-3611.
4) 45 hours of early fieldwork Observation and Participation in secondary classrooms - completed prior to the application deadline on February 1st.
5) CBEST (California Basic Educational Skills Test)
6) Computer competency: EDUC 285 at HSU, equivalent course at another college or university (i.e., EDUC 120 at College of the Sequoias), or pass the CSET: Preliminary Education Technology exam (info at Testing Center or www.cset.nesinc.com)
7) Constitution course: This is generally fulfilled through an undergraduate GE course like PSCI110 or equivalent. If you did not complete a constitution course approved by the CCTC, please check with the Education Office.
8) Character Clearance: Certificate of Clearance application and live scan fingerprinting. Remember, after you get your fingerprints scanned at a police station, you will need to go online to the CTC website to complete the Certificate of Clearance application process. When the process is complete, the CTC will send you an e-mail confirmation with your Certificate of Clearance Document Number.
9) After turning in an application online by February 1st, applicants are required to complete Subject Matter Departmental Review. Check your subject matter requirements to see if any action is required prior to the February 1st application deadline.