Secondary Education Application
Orientation meetings for the SED Program are held on the HSU campus in October, November and December to explain each component of the application and offer admission assistance. For dates, times, and locations of SED Orientation meetings, click here.
Applications may be downloaded or requested by mail.
Please refer to SED Admission Guide for further information.
Before the February 1st deadline: Complete and return TWO complete application packets (one permanent file copy and a photocopy to travel to the subject area committee and the interviewing school district) to:
- HSU Secondary Education (SED)
- Attn: Assistant Coordinator
- 1 Harpst St.
- Arcata CA 95521-9905
Be sure to keep a copy of your application for your own records
Please make sure to have your Subject Matter Departmental Review materials ready at this time as well. These materials vary from department to department (for example, if you are interested in teaching English, you’ll need to turn in different materials from someone who is planning to teach Biology). Please review your subject’s requirements here.
- Application Checklist:
- Section 1) Personal Information-include unofficial copies of all transcripts (official transcripts must be mailed to HSU’s Admissions Department)
- Section 2) Application Information
- Section 3) Early Field Experience Documentation
- Section 4) Health Verification
- Section 5) Experiences & Skills
- Section 6) Professional Goal Statement
- Section 7) Recommendation Forms (3 forms as coversheets for 3 letters) *Letters of Recommendation need to be confidential. They can be mailed directly to the School of Education or your letter writers may give you the letter in a signed, sealed envelope.
- Certificate of Clearance: Include proof that you have applied for (or already have) a Certificate of Clearance or Sub Permit through the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
Download the SED Application (PDF)