What is happening in the School of Education.
GOOD NEWS! The Financial Aid application date has moved up and OCTOBER is the new January.
GOOD NEWS! The Financial Aid application date has moved up and OCTOBER is the new January. By applying in October, the process will be faster & easier!
HSU Financial Aid is here to help!
Drop in anytime for 1-on-1 application assistance with the FAFSA or Dream Act on Fridays - October 7, 14, 21, 28 @ 11am – 4pm @ BSS 317
Can’t make it to our office? ASK FINAID! Wednesdays @ 1pm-3pm @ UC Quad
Financial Aid Timeline 2017-2018
OCTOBER 1: Submit Financial Aid Application
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
• Application for US Citizens & eligible Non-Citizens
California DREAM ACT Application
• Application for Non-Citizens who reside in CA
Review your Student Aid Report (SAR)
or California Aid report (CAR)
This is your confirmation of a submitted application. Make Corrections to application if necessary.
Students may be selected for Verification & will be notified via Student Center’s To Do List, please only submit the documents that are requested.
JANUARY 1: Start applying for HSU Scholarships:
MARCH 2: Priority deadline to submit
• FAFSA application or DREAM ACT application
• Financial Aid Application to be eligible for a CAL GRANT (only if you are a CA Resident or eligible AB540 student)
• HSU Scholarship Application Financial Aid Awards Notifications will begin in the spring.
• Students will continue to be awarded weekly through August.
• Review your Financial Aid Award
• Use budget calculators to help you budget for college
• Accept or Decline your Financial Aid Award
AUGUST: Tuition & Fee deadline
• If you have enough aid to cover your charges, then you do not need to pay by the deadline & your charges will be paid when funds are disbursed.
• If you have some aid but not enough to cover your charges, then you must pay the difference to Student Financial Services.
Disbursement of Financial Aid
• Initial disbursement happens 5 business days prior to the 1st day of the (fall or spring) semester.
More information at: http://www.fafsa.gov
Across the state, California teachers are driving innovation in the classroom and shaping our students’ futures.
Across the state, California teachers are driving innovation in the classroom and shaping our students’ futures. To support their critical work, a coalition of California colleges and universities is inviting teachers to come together on July 29 to build powerful networks, share successful classroom practices and access effective resources to implement the California Standards. Register today at no cost for Better Together: California Teachers Summit to be a part of this exciting opportunity to hear from nationally renowned speakers and participate in dynamic sessions led by teachers, for teachers.
Register online at http://www.cateacherssummit.com and follow #CATeachersSummit for up-to-date information.
More information at: http://www.cateacherssummit.com
The mission of the School of Education is...
The mission of the School of Education is to prepare knowledgeable and effective education professionals to promote excellence and equity with students of diverse talents and cultural backgrounds in rural and urban settings. We develop professionals who are committed to reflective practice, scholarship, collaborative action, and social justice to take leadership in improving the quality of education for all students.
Candidates in School of Education programs…
• Demonstrate an ability to work effectively with diverse students, parents, colleagues, staff, and others in the community;
• Develop and maintain safe, positive, and productive educational environments;
• Use research-based practice to inform their work;
• Demonstrate a coherent theoretical framework of learning and human development that supports reflection on their practice;
• Collaborate on efforts to improve education opportunities for all students.