Announcing a Free, Open Course With Dr. Curtis Bonk
- This open course will be offered using CourseSites, a free and open online learning platform.
- The learning environment will offer learners the flexibility to choose their own learning outcomes and time commitments based on individual needs. Several learning paths will be available for completion for learners seeking to earn a badge.
- In addition to online learning materials and emphasis on social learning, there will be one virtual lecture per week that will also be offered as a recording for those unable to attend.
Description: Motivating students and creating community within blended and online learning environments is crucial to academic achievement and success. This open course will provide both theoretical concepts and practical tools for instructors to improve motivation, retention, and engagement within blended and online courses.
- Identify and apply relevant motivational strategies and instructional techniques
- Construct thinking skill options for different types of learners and subjects
- Design and share innovative thinking skill activities as well as unique cooperative learning
- Map and apply instructional models and ideas to online learning tools
Enrollment: Open Enrollment begins Monday April 23, 2012
Course Duration: April 30th- June 4th ( A total of 5 weeks)