There are currently 3 main ways to use Moodle on mobile devices:
- Users can open Moodle sites in their mobile web browsers.
- Users can download native apps for their mobile devices.
- Admins can configure their Moodle site to be Mobile-accessible through server extensions.
- MoodleTouch (aka mTouch) for iOS, created by Ali OzGur.
- mPage for iOS and Android (work in progress), created by Mass Media HK.
- Mbot for Android, created by Code Guild.
- The official Mobile app for iPhone, created by Moodle HQ.
- MoMo (Moodle for Mobiles) – Requires a server extension and a client app; supports most mobile OSes including Symbian.
- MLE-Moodle – Allows course designers to make a separate set of Moodle pages for mobile users.
- Moodbile – Reference implementation of Moodle Web Services. Under development.
- iPhone4Moodle – Under development.
Where can I download the official Mobile app for iPhone?
The Mobile app can be downloaded for free from the Apple Online Store http://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/my-moodle/id461289000.