What is a Teaching Circle?
The College of Natural Resources and Sciences has created a Teaching Circle to support discussions among colleagues who share concerns and interests related to teaching.
Discussion topics are driven by colleagues who attend the bi-montly, informal meetings during lunch time. Please see the TeachingCircleNotesF13 for a detailed look at discussions during Fall 2013.
Following is a list of topics (and links to resources) discussed during Fall 2013:
- Flipped Classroom
- Process Oriented Guided Inquiry Learning (POGIL)
- Stereotype Threat and the Value Activity
- Immediate Feedback Assessment Technique (IF-AT)
- Strategies in Preparing Students Outside of Class
- Reading Reflections
- Assessing Teaching Effectiveness: 2013_14_TWC_Teaching Tips
- Instructional Design
- Testing Methods