Tenure-Track Faculty

Humboldt State University‚Äôs Environmental Resources Engineering Department (ERE) currently has two academic year, tenure-track faculty positions available:  

1) The ERE department and the Schatz Energy Research Center (SERC) invite applications for a full-time faculty position to be split between teaching and associated duties in the ERE Department and research activities with SERC.  Please see the vacancy announcement for Job #7618 for details.

2) The ERE department invites applications for a full-time faculty position in Environmental Engineering, expertise in Subsurface Hydrology and/or Solid and Hazardous Waste preferred.  Please see vacancy announcement for Job #7605 for details.


The ERE department maintains a year-round pool of applicants interested in teaching part-time as lecturers.  Please visit the Academic Personnel Services website for information on the lecturer pool and/or contact ERE department chair, elizabeth [dot] eschenbach [at] humboldt [dot] edu (Elizabeth Eschenbach).

Student Assistants

Each semester ERE may hire students to assist in teaching labs in lower division classes, assist in department office tasks, or help maintain laboratories.  Potential openings are posted on the Academic Personnel Services Student Employee website.  If you have questions about these positions, please contact ms7002 [at] humboldt [dot] edu (Mary Jo Sweeters).

How to Apply

So environmental resources engineering sounds interesting, but you are still not sure if HSU is right for you? Explore what HSU has to offer to both freshman and transfer students.

Environmental Resources Engineering
1 Harpst Street, Arcata, CA 95521
Contact Us