Humboldt State University

Teaching English as a Second Language


To fulfill the requirements for a minor in Teaching English as a Second Language, complete the courses listed in the Minor Contract. You should also obtain a Minor Declaration form from the Registrar's Office, fill it out, and return the original to Registrar's Office with a copy to the English Department.  When you apply for graduation, you should indicate on your application form (under "Comments") that you are applying for a minor in Teaching English as a Second Language. Please follow this link for more information about applying for graduation and degree checks.

 Special Note to Students Who Plan on Obtaining a California Teaching Credential
Fulfilling the requirements for this TESL Minor also satisfies the course work requirements for a Cross-Cultural Language and Academic Development (CLAD) Certificate.