Humboldt State University

Home > Programs > Minors


The minor is similar to the major but less comprehensive. Although a minor is not required for graduation, many students find a minor complements their studies and enhances their career opportunities.

students hiking through a green field

A minor requires a minimum of 12 units, six of which must be upper division. A minimum 2.0 (C) grade-point average is required. Courses used for a minor can also be used for general education and a major. Although minors are posted on the Humboldt transcript, they are not listed on the diploma. A minor cannot be posted if completed after the degree has been awarded. It must be completed in conjunction with a degree or credential program.  EMP students majoring in one option cannot officially minor in another EMP option.

The Department of Environmental Science and Management offers the following minor options.