REGISTRATION: EXTENSION COURSES ONLY
Extended Education Registration
The guidelines below apply only to Extension classes. For other guidelines, see:
- OPEN UNIVERSITY REGISTRATION
- SUMMER SESSION REGISTRATION (matriculated and non-matriculated students)
- GRADUATE CONTINUING ENROLLMENT REGISTRATION
- HIGH SCHOOL CONCURRENT PROGRAM
- OVER 60 PROGRAM
HOW TO REGISTER FOR EXTENSION COURSES
This is how you may register for extension courses offered by the College of eLearning & Extended Education, which are listed on this website and in the College of eLearning & Extended Education bulletin. You may also see extension courses listed in local newspapers and on mailers. Follow the instructions below to register for an extension course.
NOTE: Registrations and payments will be processed in the order received. A confirmation will be e-mailed to you after your registration is processed.
Students with Internet access may register for extension courses via the SECURE ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM. Fee payment with VISA, Mastercard or Discover credit cards will be required to process the registration.
- BY MAIL:
Download a printable REGISTRATION FORM (PDF). You are encouraged to register by mail as soon as possible to help ensure enrollment in your choice of classes. Indicate bankcard number and expiration date, or make check/money order payable to Humboldt State University and send with your completed registration form to:
College of eLearning & Extended Education
Humboldt State University
1 Harpst St.
Humboldt State University
Arcata, CA 95521-8299
You will be notified by telephone (please list both daytime and evening number on the form) if your registration is received after a class is closed to further enrollment. If you register by mail, you will not need to come to campus before the first class.
- BY PHONE:
Students who hold MasterCard, VISA or Discover credit cards may register for eLearning & Extended Education courses by telephoning (707) 826-3731.
- IN PERSON:
You may register for extension courses in person at the College of eLearning & Extended Education, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. The office is located in the second floor of the HSU Student and Business Services Building at the corner of Harpst and B Streets, in suite 211. If you have already downloaded and filled out the PDF REGISTRATION FORM, bring it with payment to the office. Checks, cash or VISA, Mastercard or Discover are accepted in person.
- DEADLINES TO REMEMBER
The College of eLearning & Extended Education can accept payment by check, money order, cash or credit card. Please make all checks or money orders payable to Humboldt State University.
- Full payment of fees is required at the time of registration.
NOTE: Instructors may exclude a student from attending courses if the student cannot provide proof of registration for the course.
A $25 fee will apply to late registrations. Refer to DEADLINES TO REMEMBER for critical deadlines.
(Subject to revision)
Noncredit Classes ...................... As listed
Per Unit .......... $232
Per Unit .......... $289
Per Unit .......... $320
OVER 60 PROGRAM
Fee ................. $54/semester
Drop Fee ............. $10
* A "returned check" charge is assessed for a check returned to Student Financial Services unpaid by the bank for any reason. There is a $25.00 fee for all returned checks, including "stop payments." In addition, there may be a late registration fee charged if the returned check was made in payment of registration fees. In accordance with the State Administrative Manual, Section 8023, all persons who have issued a check to the University that was dishonored by the bank may be required to make all further payments by cash, certified check, cashier's check or money order. Students may also be liable for punitive damages allowable through the California Civil Code, Chapter 522, Section 1719, which states that the maker of a dishonored check can be held liable for three times the amount of the check, or $100, whichever is more, up to $500, plus the face value of the check and court costs.