Fall Admissions Day

Frequently Asked Questions

Is FAD mandatory for all prospective students?

No. This annual event is a chance for propsective students and their guests to come explore Humboldt State University. This is a perfect opportunity to truly experience our remarkable University and have your application reviewed by an Admissions Counselor in order to learn your admission decision on the spot.

What if we can't attend FAD?

If you can't attend, or if you miss it, you can expect to receive an admissions letter some time in December.  We have student-guided tours Monday through Saturday if you would like to visit the campus. Check out our webpage and contact the Admissions Center at: http://humboldt.edu/visit or call toll-free (866) 850-9556 to arrange your personal campus visit.

Can I register as a walk-in at the event?

Yes. If you are unable to register before the event you are welcome to register during the check-in hours at the on-site registration table but you must have applied to HSU through CSU Mentor prior to FAD, if you wish to have your application evaluated. However, it is highly recommended to register online before the event.

Is the event free?

Yes. It is a 100% free event. Lunch in the J cafeteria will also be heavily discounted for students and guests.

Do I have an assigned counselor/reviewer for my application?

No. All admissions counselors review HSU applications. The entire Admissions staff participate in this event and we're excited to meet you and review your application with you.

Where can I park? Is it free?

A parking permit will be available a few days prior to the event on the FAD homepage. Please print and bring with you. Parking will be free for all FAD visitors with a parking permit in HSU parking lots. Avoid resident lots, painted areas such as Service Vehicle parking, or 20 Minute Parking as parking will be enforced. (Link to the parking permit will be posted closer to the event)

Can I stay on-campus during my visit?

No. School is in session and our residence halls are full with current students.  Please click on the "lodging" link and view the available local accommodations.

What do I need to bring with me?

You will need to bring your application fee, unofficial transcripts and test scores, resident alien card (bring a copy of your parents card, the AB540 pdf, or read more about residency if you are not a U.S. citizen). Learn more about WUE here if you're an out-of-state applicant. Please bring comfortable walking shoes and clothes, a jacket/umbrella, and your camera.

What weather is expected?

Please visit our link, "Arcata Weather" as the event draws near. We encourage you to bring warm layers with you.

Can I register for classes at FAD?

No. Registration will occur at our Humboldt Orientation Program (HOP) in June and August for incoming freshmen and online in the Humboldt Online Orientation Program (HOOP) for incoming transfer students. If you have been admitted to HSU for Fall 2016, you will need to attend your mandatory HOP or HOOP session in order to register.  For more information about orientation, please visit our orientation website at humboldt.edu/orientation.

If I have more questions, who can I contact?

Contact the HSU Office of Admissions at 1.866.850.9556 or email us your event-related question at hsupreview@humboldt.edu. Please note that any non-FAD questions, such as Admissions questions or questions about your CSU Mentor application will not be answered at this email address.