Skip to secondary navigation
Skip to content

HSU Forms

Educational Leave Request - Fifth Year Credential Candidate

Office of the Registrar
Routing Instructions: 
1. Fill out the form 2. Obtain the signatures from Fieldwork Coordinator and the Chair of School of Education 3. Submit the form to the Office of the Registrar: a) in person, Mon-Thr, 8am-5pm, Fri, 10am-5pm, SBS 133; b) by fax at (707) 826-6194; c) by mail to: HSU Office of the Registrar, 1 Harpst Street, Arcata, CA 95521.

A student may request a leave of absence or educational leave from the University in order to pursue other educationally related activities or to clarify his/her educational goals. Fifth year credential candidates must submit a request to go on leave to the Office of the Registrar (SBS 133).
A student must attend at least one term prior to requesting a leave of absence. A leave of absence maintains continuing student status and is usually for one or two terms, but may be extended for an additional two terms maximum, a total of two years on educational leave. This allows a student to maintain eligibility to enroll for the term immediately after the expiration of the leave without reapplying to the University. While on leave a student is not considered "enrolled" and is not eligible for any other services from the University. The student will be apprised of the registration information and deadlines for the term she/he is to return to Humboldt.

Last Updated:  Tue, 12/13/2011 - 14:54