This affordable online program offers a practical education for nonprofit organizations, development departments and individuals interested in creating or strengthening fundraising efforts. The courses will help participants develop a more comprehensive view of nonprofit fundraising, explore principles of fundraising, case statements, fundraising strategies, donor development and engagement, annual campaigns, major gift campaigns and special events.
A certificate will be awarded with completion of the four online courses.
- Discover best practices in fundraising for nonprofits
- Learn from seasoned fundraisers who understand your organization’s needs and know how to get results
- Enhance your career with knowledge and skills that can be utilized on the job immediately
- Network with a community of fundraising professionals from a variety of organizations
As a result of this program, the goal is that participants will:
- Be responsible and ethical fund-raising program managers.
- Possess the tools and techniques for carrying out cultivation and solicitation programs for every source of potential support.
- Understand that fundraising is a multi-dimensional program.
- Be able to identify specific donor markets and develop appropriate, targeted cultivation and solicitation programs.
- Understand how to make boards more effective in their role and employ strategies to develop board competency.
- Know how to work with volunteers and staff to build a team.
- Have the tools for strategic planning and understand its implementation.
- Develop a passion for fund raising and the nonprofit sector.
Each course is held online.
Courses can be taken consecutively to earn a certificate or individually for professional development in a specific subject area. See "Requirements for the Certificate" below for more information.
Requirements for the Certificate
To earn a certificate of completion, participants must complete all all four core courses. In order to satisfy the requirements for each course, students must complete at least 80% of the weekly course assignments. Once enrolled, students have up to two years to fulfill the requirements of each course.
To receive the certificate, please complete the certificate application form and submit to the College of eLearning and Extended Education.