Fall 2016**: CSU Mentor applications opened on October 1, 2015. Graduate Program Requirements.
**The priority application period for Graduate programs is October 1 through February 1.
Completed applications, with all materials received in the Admissions office by February 1, will get priority consideration by the graduate program. Applications for which required materials arrive at the Admissions office after February 1 will subsequently be considered in the order received. Please check the graduate program websites for application requirements. Supplemental Material should be sent to graduate-applicants [at] humboldt [dot] edu
What constitutes a completed file? (The To-Do-List located in your Student Center will indicate no items required)
- At least 1 Official Transcript from all college or university ever attended.
- Residency information completed.
- Application Fee ($55.00) paid.
- Letters of Recommendation submitted
Spring 2016: CSU Mentor opened on August 1, 2015, deadlines vary. Graduate Program Requirements.
Only One application per Semester can be submitted.
Apply: Complete the California State University Graduate Application online at CSU Mentor. A $55.00 application fee is required at time of application. The CSU Application Fee Waiver is No longer available for Master's Applications. If you are unable to pay with a credit card, a check can be mailed to the address indicated below.
To be considered for financial assistance offered by some programs, be sure to file a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) by March 2. Contact your department for details. FAFSA information/application is available through CSU Mentor http://www.csumentor.edu/FinAid/
Transcripts: One official transcript is required from all colleges or universities you have ever attended. Official transcripts must be in their original sealed envelope.
Humboldt State University
Office of Graduate Admissions
1 Harpst Street
Arcata, CA 95521
Electronic Transcript: Humboldt State University currently accepts electronic college transcripts via Credential Solutions, Scrip-Safe, E-Transcript California and Parchment. The transcript submission will only be accepted as electronic NOT in PDF version. If you are asked for an email address Please do not use.
- Humboldt transcripts: You do not need to request transcripts for any work completed at Humboldt State University.
- If you were enrolled at Humboldt as a regular matriculated student within the past 5 years, we will still have your file, you do not need to request transcripts for college work completed elsewhere, unless you completed additional college work after you left Humboldt.
Letters of Recommendation - MUST BE submitted online through CSU Mentor, Page 11. If you have questions, please contact the Graduate Admissions Office, 707-826-6250. Please note that it can take up to 10 Business Working days for the LOR to be removed from your checklist. You can check reference information by logging back into your Mentor application.
To re-send emails to referrers: Log into CSUMentor and follow these steps:
1. Apply Online
2. Graduate Admissions Applications
3. Click on the semester in which you applied
4. Scroll down to “Online applications already submitted”
5. Click on “View letters of recommendation”
6. Click “Resend email” for those referrers
Remind them to check their spam folders.
If you need to change a reference scroll to end of page.
Instructions to edit LOR:
Log into CSU Mentor and go to:
1. Apply Online
2. Click on "Graduate Admissions Application"
3. Click on the box for the term applied for
4. Scroll down in application manager to section "Online application already submitted"
5. Click on "View letters of recommendation"
6. Click "edit" for the referrer needing to be changed
7. Change the recommender information
8. Click "submit"
Supplemental Materials: Most graduate programs require additional supplemental material. It is your responsibility to check with the department for specific details. Please send all supplemental materials to graduate-applicants [at] humboldt [dot] edu
You can follow your application status by:
- Checking your Student Services Center. Approximately 5 business days after submitting your CSU Mentor Application, you will receive an email, with information on how to log into your HSU Student Center to check the progress of your application.
- Contacting your academic department to ensure they have received all materials required for the department's application.
- If you are denied admission and disagree with the decision, please contact the department directly.
Western Regional Graduate Program (WRGP). WRGP is a program that allows admitted students from 15 western states to pay California resident tuition. The WRGP Majors are: English, Environmental Systems, Natural Resources, Social Science & Sociology.
To be considered for financial assistance offered by some programs, be sure to file a FAFSA by March 2. Contact your department for details. FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is available through CSU Mentor http://www.csumentor.edu/FinAid/
GRE Institution Code for Humboldt State University: 4345 - Please Note: If you have not taken the GRE Test, you only need to indicate on the application that the test date is pending.
For Humboldt State University application information, please contact the Graduate Admissions Office: 707.826.6250 or graduate-applicants [at] humboldt [dot] edu
For Financial aid information, please contact the Financial Aid Office – Toll Free (866) 255-1390 | Local 826-4321 | Fax (707) 826-5360.