Advancement to Candidacy and Graduation
- Classified standing (cleared admission deficiencies, if applicable)
- Completed a minimum of 12 units of coursework for your program
- A cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better in all courses taken as a graduate student.
- Approval of plan to use humans or animals as subjects for research, if applicable. (A copy of the approval letter must be attached to candidacy paperwork) done
Application for Advancement to Candidacy and Graduation
- a minimum of 30 semester units of approved coursework
- 21 or greater semester units at taken at HSU (residency requirement) HSU Extended Education cannot be used for resident credit;
- at least half the units required for the degree are graduate level (500-600 courses);
no more than six thesis or project units with a maximum of nine total units for independent study, field work, and thesis/project courses;
B- or better in all courses taken to satisfy the requirements for the degree and maintain a grade point average of 3.0 (B) or better.
lower division courses (100-200 level)
courses more than seven years old