General Education: Lower Division
Check out our wide variety of environmentally focused general education classes. Here's a sampling of what you'll find.
- Chemistry and Society
- Chemistry 104 looks at how chemicals impact our everyday lives from the items we consume, to the environment around us, to industrial chemistry and its effects.
- Natural Resources Conservation
- Natural Resource Planning & Interpretation 105 is a University favorite. It puts humanity's relationship to natural resources in perspective with the conservation movement.
- General Oceanography
- Oceanography 109 gives an introduction to the elements and patterns of the oceans. The highlight of this class is a field trip on Humboldt State's research vessel, The Coral Sea.
Some other lower division general education courses:
Area A Communication in the English Language
- Critical Thinking and Social and Environmental Responsibility (Forestry 100)
Area B Inquiry into the Physical Universe and its Lifeforms
- Calculus for the Biological Sciences and Natural Resources (Mathematics 105)
- Chemistry and Society (Chemistry 104)
- General Oceanography (Oceanography 109)
- Principles of Biology (Biology 105)
Area C Arts, Literature, Philosophy, and Modern Languages
- Moral Controversies (Philosophy 106)
Area D Human Social, Political and Economic Institutions and Behavior and their Historical Background
- Cultural Geography (Geography 105)
- Natural Resource Conservation (Natural Resource Planning & Interpretation 105)