The GWPE (Graduation Writing Proficiency Exam) registration deadlines and examination dates are listed below. Beginning in Fall 2017, the GWPE will be offered weekly in computer labs on campus and as listed on a Saturday morning. GWPE registration is available from the myHumboldt page (see below)
Paper Based GWPE
Test Date: October 6, 2018. Test times: 8am or 10am. Location TBA. Registration Deadline: September 21, 2018 at 4 pm.
1st Option: Test Date: March 23, 2019 Test times: 8am or 10am. Location TBA. Registration Deadline: March 8 , 2019 at 4 pm
2nd Option: Test Date: April 27, 2019 Test times: 8am or 10am. Location TBA. Registration Deadline: April 12, 2019 at 4 pm
Computer Based GWPE (FALL ONLY)
Two different sessions each date from 8:00 AM-10:00 and from 10:00- 12:00 PM. Location and registration deadline TBA.
Monday: Sep 10
Monday: Sep 17
Monday: Sep 24
Monday: Oct 01
Monday: Oct 08
Monday: Oct 15
Monday: Oct 22
Monday: Oct 29
Monday: Nov 05
Monday: Nov 26
GWPE Online Registration INSTRUCTIONS
- Log on to myHumboldt from the humboldt.edu site
- Select the “Financial Matters” tab
- Locate “Financial Links”
- Select the “Register/Pay for GWPE” link
- Select “Make a Payment”
- Locate “Graduate Writing Proficiency Exam Registration” link
- Select “Computer Based GWPE” link or Saturday test (if available)
Select the appropriate option and complete the transaction
(a) Make sure to keep your e-receipt for future reference
- Regular examination: $30
- Off-campus examination: $38
- In order to receive a refund for either your Paper-Based or Computer-Based GWPE, you must CANCEL your Graduation Writing Proficiency Exam (GWPE) registration no later than the posted refund date. (i.e., Test Date is Sat, Oct. 7, last date to request refund is Sun, Oct. 1st). Please contact the Cashier's Office at 707-826-6789 to cancel your GWPE. NO REFUNDS or rescheduling of your GWPE will be offered fewer than 5 days before your scheduled exam!
If you have questions regarding online registration, accommodated testing, off-campus testing, or Friday tests, please contact the HSU Testing Center at (707) 826-3611 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about GWPE preparation workshops, please contact the Learning Center at (707) 826-5217 or visit the Learning Center in Library 55.
All other questions, contact GWPE Coordinator Nicolette Amann at email@example.com
For additional information about the GWPE, please contact
- HSU Testing Center, Learning Commons
707.826.3611 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Library Basement 24
- Nicolette Amann, GWPE Coordinator
707.826.3318 | email@example.com | FH 220