The Humboldt State University Student Health Center is an accredited outpatient medical facility which serves enrolled HSU students. Basic medical services are available at no charge and elective services are available at low cost. The Student Health Center's medical professionals are dedicated to meeting the health needs of the student community, promoting wellness and independence, and collaborating with local and regional resources to provide access to comprehensive services.
General questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please note that email is not secure so personal inquiries regarding medical conditions should not be emailed.)
Please click Important Information for Student Health Center updates.
The Humboldt State University Student Health and Counseling Center strives to support the academic mission of the University by assisting students to maintain an optimum level of personal health. Toward this end, the Student Health and Counseling Center:
- Educates and empowers students to maintain physical and mental health by promoting healthy lifestyles;
- Provides high quality, accredited, professional health and counseling services for acute injury, illness, emotional distress as well as limited routine preventive care in a welcoming environment;
- Educates students to prevent and take care of preventable problems through self care;
- Assists students to find necessary services beyond our scope;
- Provides services in a confidential, culturally appropriate manner;
- Solicits and encourages student input.
Are You A New Student?
Information on immunization requirements can be found on the Immunization Information for New Students page. Providing proof of immunizations is a two-step process: submit your immunizations through the Secure Message Portal AND fax a copy of your immunization record to (707) 826-5042.
- Please call to cancel an appointment as soon as possible so another patient can be scheduled in that slot. Note: Not showing up for a scheduled appointment will result in a "no show" charge to your account. [See Charges and Fees (PDF) on this website]
- Services will be charged to your student account.
Student Health Center
Humboldt State University
1 Harpst Street
Arcata, CA. 95521-8299
Student Health Center
1 Plaza Avenue
(Northeast of the Library "Circle")
Business: (707) 826-3146
Fax: (707) 826-5042
After-Hours Message: (707) 826-5036
Health Education: (707) 826-5123
Pharmacy: (707) 826-5043
We are fully accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care
Nursing Service for After-Hours Care
Students who need medical assistance when the Health Center is closed may call the Fonemed Service at 1-877-256-3534.