Supporting Humboldt State University
The Humboldt State University Advancement Foundation provides expertise, fiduciary oversight, and advocacy to increase charitable giving and manage the endowment and other charitable funds. The Foundation serves the University in several ways:
- Steward Assets – ensure that contributions are well invested and used as donors intend
- Deploy Assets – make certain that funds are efficiently distributed and productively used by the University
- Grow Assets – engage in the fundraising process in order to increase funds available to the University
- Strategic Alignment – be familiar with the strategies and directions of the University and provide commentary and feedback to University leadership
- Advocacy – serve as spokespersons and ambassadors for the University
The Foundation is governed by a Board of Directors dedicated to building support for the university across a variety of constituencies who recognize the imperative to expand opportunities for philanthropic success. The Humboldt State University Advancement Foundation has its roots in 1927 with the Humboldt Campus Improvement Fund. It was incorporated as the Humboldt State Advancement Foundation in 2004. The Foundation is a dedicated auxiliary of The California State University and a 501(c)(3) California nonprofit corporation. Contributions to the Foundation are deductible under Section 170 of the Internal Revenue Code.