Humboldt State University Human Resources Employee Relations Overview
The University strives to be proactive in its attempts to resolve disputes regarding workplace issues. Employees are encouraged to discuss issues with their supervisors. Supervisors and administrators are encouraged to seek assistance from Human Resources Programs to mutually determine options or to provide recommendations on resolving problems.
These programs will assist administrators with interpretation of collective bargaining agreements and will provide guidance and representation on any grievances. HR Programs is also responsible for processing and monitoring grievance activity on the campus as well coordinating release time requests for campus union representatives and addressing information requests from the unions.
From time to time, training is provided for personnel regarding problem resolution, dealing with difficult people and other related topics. Represented employees may also refer to their respective collective bargaining agreements for specific guidelines on complaint or grievance matters.
Skip to Navigation
- Executive Order 822 (PDF): Revised complaint procedure for allegations of retaliation for making a protected disclosure of improper governmental activities or significant threat to health or safety.
- Revised complaint procedure/timeline (PDF) for allegations of retaliation for disclosure under the California Whistleblower Protection Act.
- Executive Order 927: System wide Policy Prohibiting Harassment in Employment and Retaliation for Reporting Harassment or Participation in a Harassment Investigation.
- Executive Order 928: System wide Complaint Procedure for Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation Complaints for Employees Not Eligible to File a Complaint or Grievance Under a Collective Bargaining Agreement or Whose Collective Bargaining Agreement Incorporates CSU System wide Complaint Procedure.
- Executive Order 929: Reporting Procedures for Protected Disclosure of Improper Governmental Activities and/or Significant Threats to Health or Safety.
- Executive Order 930: CSU Drug-Free Workplace Policy.