More than 300 new HSU students and family members joined Forever Humboldt for Send-Off parties throughout the state. Chatting with alumni, new Lumberjacks gained valuable information on local traditions and annual events, and also enjoyed stories about college experiences.
A big thanks to all the great volunteers!
- Susan Aksu (‘12 Journalism)
- Charles Acosta (’85, Biology)
- HSU parent J.B. Williams
- Dennis A. Stecchi, from the L.A. Unified School District, for donation of 4 pop-up tents, 150 chairs, and 14 picnic tables. Thanks Dennis! We couldn't have done it without you.
- Dawn Ohlendorf (’96 Physics and Physical Science)
- Carly Rae Huston (‘96 Social Science)
- HSU Advancement Foundation Board member Laura Fisher (84' Geology)
- Jacob Horn (‘12 Journalism)
See more photos on Facebook »
Forever Humboldt staff and students helped greet freshmen as they moved into residence halls. Volunteers handed out laundry bags, helped guide students around campus, and shared their own HSU experiences.
See all photos from Move-in Day on Flickr »
On Move-in Day, we asked freshmen why they chose Humboldt State. Students gave answers ranging from “the trees and weather” to specific academic programs.
Watch Video on Facebook »
Become an Alumni Ambassador
Share your enthusiasm for Humboldt by reaching out to students in your local area. The HSU Alumni Ambassador program allows HSU Alumni to give back in a meaningful way by offering prospective students an idea of what life is like at Humboldt State.
Here are some ways our Alumni Ambassadors are getting involved:
- Attending college fairs
- Adopting a high school
- Attending HSU information sessions
- Participating in online events
To learn more about this program, contact HSU Admissions Counselor Tesia Johnson, at LYJ1@humboldt.edu or fill out an interest form online.
Gearing Up For Homecoming
Join a Float Decorating Party
Decorate your banner or float for the HSU Homecoming Parade! If your club or group has registered to participate in the Homecoming Parade, we invite you to prop by a Decorating Party. You’ll find everything you need to decorate your banner or prepare items for your float.
- Parade Decorating Party: 7 to 9 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 6—Nelson Hall 106
- Parade Decorating Party: Noon to 1 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 7—Goodwin Forum
- Parade Decorating Party: 5 to 7 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 8—Kate Buchanan Room
- Float Decorating Party: 6 to 9 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 8—IESCO Building (990 Samoa Blvd, Arcata, CA 95521)
Forever Humboldt is seeking alumni who are interested in joining our group as walkers in the annual Homecoming Parade on Friday, Oct. 9. To learn more, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This fall, HSU greeted the largest incoming class of freshmen in its history–1,429 strong.
Read more >>
The Klamath River is a massive, breathtaking, and complex system It’s home to diverse communities including Native American tribes, farmers, and fishermen.
And over the next year, California’s second largest river will be the focus of a select group of new science students
Read More »
September Humboldt Quiz
Show how much you know about Humboldt State and win great prizes. Just click the answer button to respond. Those sending correct responses to this month's question will be entered in a drawing for Humboldt State gear.
This fall, HSU set a campus record for class size. How many students are enrolled?
- A) 7,200 students
- B) 8,600 students
- C) 7,900 students
- D) 12,000 students
Congratulations to Nicole Meyer (’15, Child Development), winner of last month’s Humboldt Quiz.
Questions? Comments? Rants?
We'd like to hear from you:
email@example.com or 707.826.3132
Address: Nelson Hall East 112
1 Harpst St Arcata, CA 95521
Vanessa Gonsalves (’14)
Alumni Outreach Coordinator
Jarad Petroske ('06)
HSU Marketing & Communications