Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI)
Prior to submitting your protocol, all persons conducting research must complete the online CITI training program, which is designed to provide research ethics education to all members of the research community.
To take the training, please follow these steps:
- Go to https://www.citiprogram.org/
- Register as a New User
- Find Humboldt State University-Sponsored Programs Foundation in the first drop down box under “Select Your Institution or Organization,” and leave all of the other drop down boxes in this section unanswered. Continue through steps 2 - 6
- Step 7 is concerned with which research module you need to take.
Question 1 is not part of IACUC, you don't need to make a selection.
In Question 2 you will be asked to choose which courses you wish to access.
You should select: IACUC Module for Faculty and Students.
Question 3 is related to lab animals, please select all that apply to your area of research
Some things to know about CITI training:
- You can take the courses at your own pace.
- You can log on and off as many times as necessary.
- You can retake tests, and you can re-access course materials in the future.
- You will be asked to agree to only register once on the CITI site, so remember to write down your log-in information (passwords, etc.). The HSU site administrators won’t have access to your personal information, so if you lose your log-in information, you can select "Forgot login information" just below the login section on the CITI website, or contact the CITI help desk.
- Once you pass the course, you should save electronic copies of your Certificate for your records. You and the HSU site-administrators will also be able to access your certificate if needed.