Prior to submitting your protocol, all persons conducting research must compete the online CITI training program (see below for detailed instructions), which is designed to provide research ethics education to all members of the research community.
Protocol Application Form (.doc)
Protocol Amendment Form (.pdf)
Prior to submitting your protocol, all persons conducting research must compete the online CITI training program, which is designed to provide research ethics education to all members of the research community.
To take the training, please follow these steps:
- Go to https://www.citiprogram.org/
- Register as a New User
- Find Humboldt State University-Sponsored Programs Foundation in the first drop down box under “Select Your Institution or Organization,” and leave all of the other drop down boxes in this section unanswered.
- Fill in the answers to Questions 2-6.
- Click “No” as your response to #7, and answer #8 as you choose.
- Be certain that you click Submit, and move to the next page.
- You will be asked to choose which courses you wish to access, and faculty and students will need to choose the course entitled “IACUC Module for faculty and students” in the third box (leave the first two boxes without answers; you will be able to add courses later if you wish to take additional courses).
- On the next page, please choose the courses “IACUC Module for faculty and students, Stage 1." This course is a subset of the basic course offered by CITI Program and was modified to minimize training on topics that are not typically necessary for faculty and students at Humboldt State University.
Some things to know about CITI training:
- You can take the courses at your own pace.
- You can log on and off as many times as necessary.
- You can retake tests, and you can re-access course materials in the future.
- You will be asked to agree to only register once on the CITI site, so remember to write down your log-in information (passwords, etc.). The HSU site administrators won’t have access to your personal information, so if you lose your log-in information, you can select "Forgot login information" just below the login section on the CITI website, or contact the CITI help desk.
- Once you pass the course, you should save electronic copies of your Certificate for your records. You and the HSU site-administrators will also be able to access your certificate if needed.