Skip to secondary navigation
Skip to content

Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee

Reporting potential problems related to care and use of live vertibrate animals at HSU

The Animal Welfare Act and the Public Health Service Policy both require each institution to investigate all complaints about suspected animal abuse or non-compliance with the laws. It should be noted that any person (faculty, staff, or student) who reports an alleged violation is protected from retaliatory action by both State and Federal law.

How to report problems or perceived deficiencies in the handling, care, or treatment of animals:

Minor problems in husbandry should be reported to the respective facility supervisor.

Any serious problems concerning animal care during the conduct of a research or teaching project should be reported to the Chair of the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (826-5475).


For more information, contact:

rick [dot] zechman [at] humboldt [dot] edu (Dr. Rick Zechman, IACUC Chair)
CNRS, Dean's Office
Humboldt State University
1 Harpst Street
Arcata, California 95521
(707) 826-3546

Forestry 106 • 1 Harpst St., Arcata, CA 95521 • 707.826.3256 • Contact IACUC