Prospective Student Information

Humboldt State University Admissions Requirements

Applying to HSU

California State University's CSUMentor™, your online resource for education in California

  • Apply to HSU or any CSU campus over the Internet
  • Get answers to your most commonly asked questions
  • Transfer your CSUMentor™ information to the FAFSA on the Web
  • Set up free email to communicate with CSU campuses

Western Undergraduate Exchange Program, WUE

What is the Western Undergraduate Exchange Program (WUE)?

  • WUE is a state exchange program with participants from Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington and Wyoming. Students are able to attend participating public colleges or universities in these states for significantly reduced tuition and fees.
  • Upon admission to Humboldt State University, you will automatically receive the WUE award.
  • For more information, visit:

INRSEP Admissions Requirements

INRSEP students are a diverse group within the HSU community. Our students come from rural areas, reservations, and urban areas, and represent tribal nations from all across North America. INRSEP staff and students strive to create a welcoming and inclusive environment where indigenous students can safely share their experiences, their traditions, and their values with other like-minded individuals. Our students have 24-hour a day, 7-day a week access to the INRSEP facility, including study area, computer lab, and kitchen, receive free tutoring through the HSU Learning Center, and are associated with national professional organizations and agencies. We invite you to learn more about our program, and when you're ready, apply. The application process includes the following requirements:

  • Completed INRSEP application form
  • Unofficial transcripts from all colleges attended for transfers, or high school transcripts for incoming freshmen
  • Copy of your acceptance letter from HSU or proof of HSU enrollment
  • Resume
  • Native American Heritage Affidavit
  • Authorization to Release Information form
  • Personal Statement (2 page minimum). INRSEP would like to know who you are and where you come from. Also, describe where you think your education at Humboldt State University and participation in INRSEP will lead you. Please think of this essay as an opportunity to draft a personal statement that can be used to apply for scholarships and internships.
  • Completed INRSEP student participation agreement

Financial Aid

  • The Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA, is the document used to apply for all types of financial aid administered by the Financial Aid Office, including scholarships.
  • The four major sources of financial aid are: scholarships, grants, loans, and work-study funds.