Requests for Proposals
Fall 2014 or Spring 2015 Institutes
Workshops, Facilitated Discussions, Mini-Presentations, and Poster Session
WHAT: The Institute for Student Success
WHEN: April 2, 2014 (workshops, discussions, presentations) OR April 22, 2014 (poster session proposals)
WHERE: Humboldt State University, Arcata, CA
AUDIENCE: Regional faculty, staff, administrators
DEADLINE: April 2, 2014
Looking for ideas? Check out our list of potential workshop and discussion topics (requested by past Institute participants)
Select this link to view an example of a Pecha Kucha mini-presentation (about the PK style itself), visit or learn more about Pecha Kucha at www.pechakucha.org
Ready to submit?
- Submitting a poster proposal
- CLOSED: workshop, discussion, or mini-presentation proposal
- Information about the different presentation formats
- Interactive Workshops: Support participants in learning concrete strategies
by combining informational presentations with activities and collaboration. Creative and “flipped” formats encouraged!
- Facilitated Discussion Groups: Propose a topic and develop a framework for
a conversation among colleagues. Designed to promote cross-unit dialogue, generate idea-sharing, and draw on existing on-campus expertise.
- Mini-Presentations: Short on time? Want to try a new presentation style? Consider a mini-presentation, based loosely on the “Pecha Kucha” format, where you show 20 slides/images, each for 20 seconds. We will combine a series of these 7-minute presentations into one workshop. Topics may vary, but should relate to student success, innovative projects/programs, active learning strategies, etc.
- Poster Presentations: Highlight programs, work-in-progress, or research focused on supporting student learning needs and enhancing the success of students from diverse backgrounds. An ideal place to tell colleagues about new tools they can use, emerging research, new program development, and on-campus resources.
The Institute will provide staff, faculty and administrators with information, resources, and strategies useful in supporting a variety of student learning needs and/or enhancing the success of students from diverse backgrounds.
The Institute for Student Success is a semi-annual event encompassing a wide range of workshops focused on meeting the needs of today’s students. The Institute will highlight a keynote workshop in the morning, followed by a variety of workshops in the afternoon, and culminating the day with a Social Mixer/Happy Hour.
Skip to Navigation
- Workshop/Discussion/Presentation Proposal Deadline: April 2, 2014
- Poster Presentation Proposal Deadline: April 22, 2014
- Fall 2014 Institute for Student Success: August 19, 2014
- Spring 2015 Institute for Student Success: January 15, 2015