Requests for Proposals
Fall 2015 or Spring 2016 Institutes
Workshops & Mini-Presentations
WHAT: The Institute for Student Success
WHEN: August 18, 2015 & January 14, 2016
WHERE: Humboldt State University, Arcata, CA
AUDIENCE: Regional faculty, staff, administrators
DEADLINE: March 23, 2015
Looking for ideas? Check out our list of potential workshop and discussion topics (requested by past Institute participants)
Select this link to view an example of a Pecha Kucha mini-presentation (about the PK style itself), visit or learn more about Pecha Kucha at www.pechakucha.org
Ready to submit?
- Workshop, discussion, or mini-presentation proposal
- Information about the different presentation formats
- Interactive Workshops: Support participants in learning concrete strategies
by combining informational presentations with activities and collaboration. Creative and “flipped” formats encouraged!
- Facilitated Discussion Groups: Propose a topic and develop a framework for
a conversation among colleagues. Designed to promote cross-unit dialogue, generate idea-sharing, and draw on existing on-campus expertise.
- Mini-Presentations: Short on time? Want to try a new presentation style? Consider a mini-presentation, based loosely on the “Pecha Kucha” format, where you show 20 slides/images, each for 20 seconds. We will combine a series of these 7-minute presentations into one workshop. Topics may vary, but should relate to student success, innovative projects/programs, active learning strategies, etc.
The Institute will provide staff, faculty and administrators with information, resources, and strategies useful in supporting a variety of student learning needs and/or enhancing the success of students from diverse backgrounds.
The Institute for Student Success is a semi-annual event encompassing a wide range of workshops focused on meeting the needs of today’s students. The Institute will highlight a keynote workshop in the morning, followed by a variety of workshops in the afternoon, and culminating the day with a Social Mixer/Happy Hour.
Skip to Navigation
- Workshop/Discussion/Presentation Proposal Deadline: March 23, 2015
- Notification of acceptance: Week of april 6th, 2015
- Fall 2015 Institute for Student Success: August 18, 2015
- Spring 2016 Institute for Student Success: January 14, 2016