Conditional Admission - Humboldt State's International English Language Institute (IELI)
Students can apply for conditional admission to
Students will attend HSU’s International English Language Institute (IELI) until they complete the program. For undergraduate admission, students must complete Level 5. For the MBA program, students must complete Level 6.
Students may also submit an acceptable English language proficiency test score at any time. A list of acceptable scores can be found here.
How to apply for Conditional Admission
Please send the following items and supporting documents by email to ieliadmissions [at] humboldt [dot] edu (subject: Inquiry)
- Completed IELI Application Form (Make sure to check the box on the application indicating your desire for conditional admission, Question 2).
- Pay the $55.00 IELI Application Fee. The application fee can be paid online here.
- Copies of all official academic transcripts from your high school and university.
- Completed Certification of Financial Support
- Photocopy of your passport.
- Student Consent for Release of Information if you are an agent submitting an application on behalf of the student.
- Please take the Cambridge Placement Test and include your score report in your application materials.
Conditional Admission through a Partner School
Students who are attending one of HSU's partner schools (AEC, Aston, CWC, EC, EF, ELS, ESLI, Eurocenters, ILSC, Intrax, Kaplan, LSI, TLC, USC International Academy) should work with their advisor at the partner school to apply.
Students (or partners) will need to submit:
- Conditional Admission through a Partner School Form
- Transcripts (scanned copies are accepted)
When students are close to reaching their English Proficiency level, they will need to formally apply to HSU, observing application deadlines and timelines. Please visit our website on How to Apply for further steps.