Undergraduate Admission Requirements
- Application Fee of U.S. $55.00 (non-refundable) can be paid online when applying on Cal State Apply. If you submit a paper application, pay your application fee here.
STEP 2: Submit the Certification of Financial Support along with a Bank Statement
STEP 3: Submit Official Transcripts of Academic Records (Translated to English)
- All test scores must be sent to us directly from the examination company.
- Score reports that were issued to students will not be accepted.
- We accept many different tests. Click here to see the list.
STEP 5: Send a photocopy of your passport
STEP 6: Transfer Students (only if transferring from a U.S. school) should fill out the International Student Transfer Form.
STEP 7: Submit Student Consent for Release of Information if you are an agent submitting an application on behalf of the student.
STEP 8: Email or mail your application materials to:
International Student Admissions
Center for International Programs
Humboldt State University
1 Harpst Street
Arcata, CA 95521-8299 USA
STEP 9: Check Your Email
- We will email you after we review your application.
- If you do not receive an email, make sure to check your Spam or Junk Folder.
Undergraduate entry requirements
- A Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale on high school coursework
- English Language Proficiency
Note: some majors are impacted and have higher GPA requirements. For more information, please visit the Office of Admissions website. Currently, the following majors require a higher GPA: Biology, Botany, Environmental Science & Management, Wildlife, and Zoology.
Transfer entry requirements
- A GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale on college coursework
- A GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale on high school coursework (if less than 60 transferable semester units)
- English Language Proficiency
Note: some majors are impacted and have higher GPA requirements. For more information, please visit the Office of Admissions website. Currently, the following majors require a higher GPA: Biology, Botany, Environmental Resources Engineering, Environmental Science & Management, Social Work and Wildlife.
International applicants are not required to take the SAT or ACT. However, students who take these tests and receive a high score on the Math or English components may be exempt from the English proficiency requirement, as well as Entry Level Math (ELM) and English Placement (EPT) testing upon arrival at HSU. If you have taken either of these tests, please submit scores while applying. These tests are widely available overseas and can save you time if your scores are high.
|Term you wish to begin||Applications Open||Apply By|
|Fall (August - December)||October 1||May 15|
|Spring (January - May)||August 1||October 1|
It generally takes one week to evaluate a complete file and make a decision. Your application must be complete by the application deadline (received by close of business on that date), or you will need to reapply for the following semester.
Application Term of Entry Updates
HSU's application for admission applies only to the term of entry indicated on the application form at the time of submission. If you would like to update the term of entry on your application, simply log back into your saved application stored in CSU Mentor, update your desired term of entry, confirm your address and previously attended institutions are still current, and submit the form with your application fee. HSU will then notify you upon receipt of your updated application.