Changing to J-1 Status

Application to Change to J-1 Status

Applications to change to J-1 status may be filed by individuals who are residing in the U.S. in a qualifying nonimmigrant status. All other students and scholars must apply for a visa stamp abroad.

If you would like to change to J-1 status in the U.S., please contact the Center for International Programs (CIP) at least six months before the planned start date of your program to discuss the options.