J-1 Transfers

Each J-1 nonimmigrant transferring to Humboldt State University must have his or her current program sponsor release his or her Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) record to HSU after confirming that HSU will sponsor a J-1 program. J-1 students transferring to HSU must continue to meet all the qualifications for J-1 status including funding.

J-1 nonimmigrant's transferring out of HSU should complete and submit the Transfer Request Form to the Center for International Programs during office hours at least two weeks prior to transferring.